1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

New to the flock

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FeatheredFanatic, Mar 21, 2018.

1. FeatheredFanatic

FeatheredFanatic In the Brooder

Mar 21, 2018
    Red Level, AL
    Hey y'all,
    FeatheredFanatic here, just wanting to say hello and tell you a little about myself. If fairly new to the chicken world, but I've learned alot from this community. Anytime I have a problem or question, Backyard Chickens always pulls through. Anyways, I've got about 20 hens or various breeds, from RIR to Silver Laced Wyandotte and Speckled Sussex. Many of my ladies were rescues from various places, which makes for alot of problems to be resolved, but I'm always up for a challenge.Thanks to y'all here at Backyard Chickens I've always come out on top. Thanks for all the great input and great chicken talk.

2. Joeschooks

Joeschooks Free Ranging

Feb 7, 2018
    Hampshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to the site. Glad you finally took the plunge and joined the flock :thumbsup

3. Chickens_4Life

Chickens_4Life Chirping

Mar 19, 2018
    Cool! Congrats on 20 chickens! I hope they are well. Welcome to BYC!

4. 007Sean

007Sean Enabler Premium Member

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy:welcome:frow Happy:ya to have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

5. Smuvers Farm

Smuvers Farm Melvin Up the Taterhole

Feb 16, 2017
    TN/Western KY Border
    :welcome:celebrate

Glad you're here !

A must have for your poultry is a FIRST AID KIT for any issues that would arise. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/suggestions-for-a-first-aid-kit.1150128/)
    It's definitely better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

Also, make sure your coop(s) have a proper amount of VENTILATION. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-there-and-cut-more-holes-in-your-coop.47774/) Your chickens will absolutely thank you for it!

One last thing, if you're into gardening, feel free to join this years SEED SWAP (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/seed-swap.1220129/)

KikisGirls, 007Sean, N F C and 2 others like this.
  6. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

7. N F C

N F C you heard the cat, smile! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Glad to hear BYC has been helpful to you, as it has to so many others.

Your profile doesn't indicate where you're located but if you would like to chat with others in your general vicinity, here's a link to the state threads:
    find-your-states-thread.270925

Thanks for joining us!

KikisGirls and 007Sean like this.
  8. FeatheredFanatic

Mar 21, 2018
    Red Level, AL
    Thanks for the warm welcome y'all. As always lots of great info. I learned about needing a first aid kit with my first rescue. A poor old lady with bumblefoot so bad it actually went though the webbing.Now she has a "pierced" foot, but doing great now. Thanks again y'all !!

9. FeatheredFanatic

Mar 21, 2018
    Red Level, AL

10. FeatheredFanatic

Mar 21, 2018
    Red Level, AL
    Yeah I'm brand new......today. Haven't got a chance to do all that yet. Thanks for the link.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: