new to the flock ...

mudpaw

Songster
10 Years
Sep 29, 2009
West Point, GA
Hello from Georgia,
I'm Heather. I'm new here and to chicken keeping (I used to breed lovebirds and other exotix tropical birds). I just got my very first chicks...5 Easter eggers and one EE/RIR hybrid (an accident that we don't know quite what it will become-but I love surprises!). I lost one of my EE yesterday
sad.png
(it acted a little weird from the time I got home with it-now all the chicks are on medicated food just in case). They are currently living in my guest bathroom LOL. Thankfully everyone else is happy and energetic. I have a coop in progress, though they will not live in until spring-well outdoors at least-it's being built in my basement an they will move in once they are a few months old (there will likely be a few less of them-they were just straight-run chicks and I can only have hens (I'm in the city)-hopefully it will help harden them off a little before moving outdoors (as well as test my coop design before it outdoors). I hope chicken keeping will be as exciting as I feel like it will be!

Last edited:
Hi mudpaw! I have lovebirds too, about fifty or so. I can see why you got rid of yours though if you are in the city. They are noisy! I could see their point if city council passed an ordinance limiting the # of lovebirds per household, but they don't. Wonder why not, but one little ol' rooster, IXNAY!

Back
Top Bottom