New to the forum and glad!

Thanks for the shout out for teachers! It has not been a good year for teachers with all the demonizing and teacher bashing coming from lots of political quarters. Granted not all teachers do their jobs well, but that does not mean all of us are bad, greedy, in it for the money and summers off as some like to say. I like to respond to that "What do you make question" with this response: I make a difference in the lives of teenagers. That is why I do it. As for summers off, not exactly. I take June to renew, and July to study and prepare. This is the first summer in three that I have not taken classes to continue my learning--at my own expense. Last week I shopped the early sales and bought 150 notebooks, so all my freshmen will have journals. I think the perception is that teachers get paid for summers, too. NOT!! I am contracted to teach 180 days. I get NO paid holidays at all. Sorry, I got off on a rant there. I feel called to teach, and it hurts to think that the public has been poisoned by all this rhetoric used against us for poitical reasons. Rather than really fix the problem--just blame the teachers--it's easier that way. Thanks for the encouragement. Teenage chicken raisers unite! English teachers raise chickens and feel better.
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
from Tampa...and as some one said Teachers ROCK!! My entire Fam on my mothers side is filled with teachers, etc...I just didn't have the stones after hearing all those stories! hehehehe

Welcome from Boise, Idaho. So very cool that the shop kids got to build your coop! I bet they had fun and will enjoy hearing about your flock. Post pics when you have a chance. I love seeing what others have done for coops.

Back
Top Bottom