New to the forum, and to chickens!

Ccozart1

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2019
Hey guys! After wanting them my entire life, reading several books/magazines, and learning as much as I could, I finally got 6 baby chicks this past Thursday! We are wanting mainly layers and pets, and so far we're loving them! We have one each of the following: golden laced Wyandotte, silver laced Wyandotte, black austrolorp, barred plymouth rock, light brahma, and buff orpington. They're all under or eight at a week old, and it's incredible how distinct their personalities are already!
I've been lurking on this site quote a bit the past few months, and now that I actually have my girls (well...we think they're all girls at least!), I figured I'd join and learn even more.
My boyfriend and I live in West TN, with 4 kids between us both aging from 7 years to 16 years. We live on several acres in the country, and I'm so pleased to finally have a place where I can raise chickens! He's raised them in the past, but no one in my family ever had any interest in animals, homesteading, etc.
I'm looking forward to learning everything I can from you guys on here, and I'm so glad this site exists for newbies like me!

Thank you!! And yes, we're leaning toward an A-frame type coop with a pretty decent sized run. We plan on free-ranging quite a bit, but I'd still like a pretty big run just to keep the gals safe.
That sounds awesome :) If you want to detail your build you can enter the coop article contest! You'll find it under the forums section and under contests!

Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on your new hobby.

Here are some links to key resources:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom