New to the forum -- NY resident!

HuestisFarm

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Fly Creek, NY
Hello, everyone!!

I'm Sara. I'm new to these parts! I live in the Cooperstown, NY area -- any others near my way?
smile.png

Just entered the fascinating world of chickens. My husband & I own a little organic farm. We mainly center around raising/selling cows... we're looking to hopefully have our own dairy farm some day. I also own two horses. And we're now starting to raise chickens. We'll be selling organic eggs once we get our flock up & going.

I came across this site while wanting to learn more about raising chickens. I also will be posting a topic sooner or later to figure out what kind of chickens we currently have. We basically rescued them. I'm hoping to sooner or later have some Plymouth Rocks, Jersey Giants & Dominiques - we'll be ordering some of these in the spring. We starting small right now until we get our coop up & finished.

Anyhoo... it's nice to be a part of this forum & I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you!
smile.png

Hello from your country neighbor! And welcome. We're about 45 minutes from you, in Bridgewater Township. You have some doins' in town this weekend... pumpkins pumpkins everywhere! And Sunday is the big cobleskill poultry event at the fairgrounds... you're gonna love BYP. Everyone here is very nice, supportive and knowledgeable. It's a great community
thumbsup.gif

what kind of cows do you have , have you been to backyardcow?
we used to have a dairy and made cheese , but we are moving and concentrating on our honeybees.
I have a 5 yr old and a 12 yr old jerseys , i " rescued the 12 y old from the milk line of a dairy , she is a good old cow , we don't milk her . she has a bag the size of miami ! it drags the ground when she is fresh ! we really got "took " when we bought her , but i am glad we " saved " her!

Bluebirdfarm: We have a little bit of everything. I like Jerseys, Brown Swiss & Brahman -- they're so cute! Most of ours are Holsteins & Jerseys (crosses too). Every now & then we'll get others... we've had Herefords, Guernseys, Brown Swiss, Angus, Ayrshires & Belted Galloways. I want to some day own some Brahman (and actually KEEP them instead of selling them) - I think they're adorable w/those big ears!

Congrats to you on saving that cow!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom