New to the Forum, PNW

Sep 18, 2019
SW Washington
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We were urban chicken farmers before and now we moved to the country on our 1 acre lot to expand our flock.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
10 chickens, 4 ducks
(3) What breeds do you have?
Americaunas, olive eggers, Silver Laced wyandotte, Gold Laced Wyandotte, Bard Rock & Indianian runner ducks
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Getting the eggs fresh and knowing the whole process from the feed to the land.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Dogs and permiculture farming

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Wife, 2 kids and a mother in-law. We wanted to start farming to provide food for our family and learn how to do everything from start to finish. We plan on doing meat chickens and pigs to expand our operation. We have 4 dogs as well and we play a sport called Flyball with them.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I have been coming here for a while to get answers to questions I have had, but now that we are taking our farm to the next step figured it was time to dive in and ask questions on your site.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We were urban chicken farmers before and now we moved to the country on our 1 acre lot to expand our flock.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
10 chickens, 4 ducks
(3) What breeds do you have?
Americaunas, olive eggers, Silver Laced wyandotte, Gold Laced Wyandotte, Bard Rock & Indianian runner ducks
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Getting the eggs fresh and knowing the whole process from the feed to the land.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Dogs and permiculture farming

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Wife, 2 kids and a mother in-law. We wanted to start farming to provide food for our family and learn how to do everything from start to finish. We plan on doing meat chickens and pigs to expand our operation. We have 4 dogs as well and we play a sport called Flyball with them.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I have been coming here for a while to get answers to questions I have had, but now that we are taking our farm to the next step figured it was time to dive in and ask questions on your site.
FARMER CONNIE &%&&%BYC copy.jpg waving-hi.gif

Back
Top Bottom