New to the forum

bsjcook

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2015
We raised 12 Americana 2 day old chicks in our shop/garage, then installed them into a new coop that we built on the side of a hill in South Central Colorado at 7500 ft elevation. That was two years ago and they have flourished and given us beautiful blue/green and even a brown egg. Our coop is insulated with 2 inch foam for the really cold winters that we can have (-23F for several nights), and they roost above a piece of plywood so that it is very easy to clean up their droppings every morning. Most all of our ideas have come from YouTube and we thank the many mentors there.

Our coop has a heavy plastic/rubber liner that is covered with sand and it is very easy to keep clean and with screen storm doors it is easy to vary the ventilation as the seasons change. We have an electric coop door that lets the chickens out in the morning and closes after they come in for the night - a must have!

We love our chickens and the taste of fresh eggs is wonderful!

Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us. I see that you joined 2 years ago, but this is your first post - I guess ya don't like to rush things :D

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom