New to the game...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CountryCentinel, Oct 14, 2011.

1. CountryCentinel

CountryCentinel Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2011
    CDA
    Hi All,

Well, we are interested in raising some chickens, so I have acquired the necessities, ie; waterers, feeders, buit a coop, have a brooder, and I have a Hova-Bator, but I have no eggs to raise...

I wondered if there was a few folks here who had some Buff Orpington eggs (that's what breed we thought would be a good breed to get introduced to the process) we could purchase to get started hatching. I am leery about buying eggs on ebay or...

Anyway, we are all excited, its been a long time as we have planned to do this for a few years but never got it done.

Thanks!

-CC

2. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    Keep watching the buy sell trade forum under hatching eggs for sale. I just got some bbs orp and black split to Lav orp eggs myself. If your set on buff orps, youll have to keep watching...I havent seen any lately. If you thinking about bbs or lav orps I reccommend bargain. My eggs came packed super good in excellent condition and so far the ones I can see (most are to dark shelled for me to tell), but the one I can see are growing. [​IMG]

3. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    You can also get eggs from hatcheries [​IMG]

4. NEK38583

NEK38583 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Sparta, TN
    Hinkjc, has the best opringtons around. She is very resonable. You can just search her user name in the search engine to find her than pm here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by