New to the group and super stoked to be here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by roorooyew, Sep 5, 2016.

1. roorooyew

roorooyew Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2016
    North Carolina
    Hi all♡ Sitting on my porch watching the horses graze and listening to Reggie crow his little heart out. He just started a week ago so hes trying to impress the girls. Little about me....grew up on a 300 acre dairy farm till i was 13. Then moved to the suburbs and the city. My love for all anals has never wavered. Now at 40 we have left SC and moved to NC. We have 38 acres mostly wooded so lots to do. But i feel like im in heaven. We have a couple of horses, our first is really what got us moving in the homestead direction. We boarded for a year and finally made the big move. 3 dogs a couple cats and 11 chicks and a roo.first time really ever owning chickens. I remember as a child gathering eggs on the farm but thats about it. I mever knew how much fun they would be or that id become a collector lol. Hopefully in the spring after much clearing this coming fall and winter, we will be ready for some goats, a donkey or 2 and my 13 yr old son wants pet pigs. My vegitarian kid, so we can love all our animals and use what they produce but we are not allowed to eat them lol. I look forward to learnng from everyone. Ive used this site since day one for any questioms i had but offically decided to say hello. So....

HELLO BACKYARD CHICKEN FOLK:yiipchick

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas roorooyew, and :welcome. Great to have you aboard. Sounds like a great farm you have. Best luck to you!

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I think that if I had so much property, I'd go into meltdown, thinking of all my chicken plans! [​IMG] Please make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
    CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Howdy Roorooyew, glad you are now an official member.

6. nanasacres

nanasacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2015
    CentralFL

Welcome! Sounds like an awesome life planned for your family and animals.

7. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Overrun With Chickens

Hello, and welcome to the BYC site!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by