New to the group and super stoked to be here

roorooyew

In the Brooder
Sep 4, 2016
North Carolina
Hi all♡ Sitting on my porch watching the horses graze and listening to Reggie crow his little heart out. He just started a week ago so hes trying to impress the girls. Little about me....grew up on a 300 acre dairy farm till i was 13. Then moved to the suburbs and the city. My love for all anals has never wavered. Now at 40 we have left SC and moved to NC. We have 38 acres mostly wooded so lots to do. But i feel like im in heaven. We have a couple of horses, our first is really what got us moving in the homestead direction. We boarded for a year and finally made the big move. 3 dogs a couple cats and 11 chicks and a roo.first time really ever owning chickens. I remember as a child gathering eggs on the farm but thats about it. I mever knew how much fun they would be or that id become a collector lol. Hopefully in the spring after much clearing this coming fall and winter, we will be ready for some goats, a donkey or 2 and my 13 yr old son wants pet pigs. My vegitarian kid, so we can love all our animals and use what they produce but we are not allowed to eat them lol. I look forward to learnng from everyone. Ive used this site since day one for any questioms i had but offically decided to say hello. So....

HELLO BACKYARD CHICKEN FOLK:yiipchick

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I think that if I had so much property, I'd go into meltdown, thinking of all my chicken plans!
tongue.png
Please make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
CT

Hi all♡ Sitting on my porch watching the horses graze and listening to Reggie crow his little heart out. He just started a week ago so hes trying to impress the girls. Little about me....grew up on a 300 acre dairy farm till i was 13. Then moved to the suburbs and the city. My love for all anals has never wavered. Now at 40 we have left SC and moved to NC. We have 38 acres mostly wooded so lots to do. But i feel like im in heaven. We have a couple of horses, our first is really what got us moving in the homestead direction. We boarded for a year and finally made the big move. 3 dogs a couple cats and 11 chicks and a roo.first time really ever owning chickens. I remember as a child gathering eggs on the farm but thats about it. I mever knew how much fun they would be or that id become a collector lol. Hopefully in the spring after much clearing this coming fall and winter, we will be ready for some goats, a donkey or 2 and my 13 yr old son wants pet pigs. My vegitarian kid, so we can love all our animals and use what they produce but we are not allowed to eat them lol. I look forward to learnng from everyone. Ive used this site since day one for any questioms i had but offically decided to say hello. So....

HELLO BACKYARD CHICKEN FOLK:yiipchick

Welcome! Sounds like an awesome life planned for your family and animals.

Back
Top Bottom