New to the site

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wildwings, Oct 5, 2014.

1. wildwings

wildwings Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2014
    Well I am new to the site just saying hi and hoping to pick some of your bird brains in the future !

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community!! Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of good articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. And we do welcome you to our flock!

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

6. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any chickens?

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. Very happy you decided to join the flock.

9. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

10. wildwings

wildwings Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2014
    Thanks for the welcome guys ! Actually we have a few of everything :) Last year my father bought a 5 acre farm that actually was a bird farm at one time. It has a huge 2 story chicken house with all the fancy stuff like a 40' x 80'. With out getting into alot of not so nice details the previous owner pasted away and it was some time before anyone noticed so we have not got the chicken house cleaned out yet. Tons of wood shavings and bones to say the lease however there is plenty of other buildings to have animals. When my father lived in Northern MN he had about 30 different types of birds mostly exotics if you ever been to Moon Dance Ranch in Walker, MN those were his birds. So now that he has his new place hes trying to get back into the game and trying to retire a couple years early from work to enjoy life. With this choice the one thing he wanted to get back into were birds and maybe make 1 or 2 dollars to help with this. I might get some of the chicken breeds wrong but I know we have a few different types of bantams, sebrites, guinea fowl, silkies, had runner ducks (they were messy), pair of turkey's and a few other chickens. However my wife, kids and I really get into the pheasants and quail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by