New to the site

wildwings

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 5, 2014
Well I am new to the site just saying hi and hoping to pick some of your bird brains in the future !

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!! Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of good articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. And we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any chickens?

Thanks for the welcome guys ! Actually we have a few of everything :) Last year my father bought a 5 acre farm that actually was a bird farm at one time. It has a huge 2 story chicken house with all the fancy stuff like a 40' x 80'. With out getting into alot of not so nice details the previous owner pasted away and it was some time before anyone noticed so we have not got the chicken house cleaned out yet. Tons of wood shavings and bones to say the lease however there is plenty of other buildings to have animals. When my father lived in Northern MN he had about 30 different types of birds mostly exotics if you ever been to Moon Dance Ranch in Walker, MN those were his birds. So now that he has his new place hes trying to get back into the game and trying to retire a couple years early from work to enjoy life. With this choice the one thing he wanted to get back into were birds and maybe make 1 or 2 dollars to help with this. I might get some of the chicken breeds wrong but I know we have a few different types of bantams, sebrites, guinea fowl, silkies, had runner ducks (they were messy), pair of turkey's and a few other chickens. However my wife, kids and I really get into the pheasants and quail.

Back
Top Bottom