New to the team!!

DFlowers

Chirping
Oct 17, 2018
Hey y'all ! My name is Debra Flowers and I am northern born but southern bread!lol! Born in northern Minnesota , Ooooooo !cold country! I've lived almost in every region of the USA . Being an air force bratt, I've lived from the east coast to the west and from the northern border to the Rio Grande river on the borders of Texas and Mexico! Last place I lived was where I planted . The sunny palmetto state, south Carolina. Went from a snow bunny to a beach bunny! Lol! I'm in the country of the small town of Andrews sc. We have five ackers of land and rescued 19 chickens. Don't know the breeds except for a few select. Banum game, frizzles and Austrian blacks are the only three breeds that I'm sure of that we have have. We went from 19 to about 40. The Austrian blacks we bought solely for egg production. And the rest are just here lol !! We get eggs from all of the hens tho. We not only have chickens but when we rescued the chickens, two bourer/alpine goats came with them! Now a third goat came along last Feb . We did not know the nanny goat was pregnant ! We also have five labs. One golden retriever and four Labradors We have a ministry. We are evangelist and we minister wherever and to whomever we come across. We also have a small vending business. We sell what people call "The south Carolina Candy" salted boiled peanuts. We keep them steaming hot ! I don't know much about chickens or goats for that matter. The little 9month old billy is sick. He got that bloat. And toxic . E almost lost him but he is recovering. But not out of the woods yet. Any advice about bloat ,endrotoxic and constipation will be so appreciated. Oh! I almost forgot! We have two cockatiels . One mail and one female . They are breading and have been laying and mating for over a year now and still no babies. Any advice? Was told the male might be sterile . So that's it in a nutshell .

I'm new to chickens lol! Don't know much about breeds. We just rescued them from someone who was too ill to care for them. We feed and water them and movie the pens regularly for fresh grass for scratching. The goats are my main concern. Any info is welcome. We had a game Banum that was setting and the rooster pushed her eggs out of the best. She still wouldn't come off the best so we put three frizzle eggs under her. She hatched them and they became hers. Lol!

byc1-hen-chicks.png

I hope you are able to find the help and the resources you need to care for all those wonderful animals of yours!

Back
Top Bottom