New to this all, so trying to learn from here lol

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by scrib933, Mar 28, 2017.

1. scrib933

scrib933 Just Hatched

Mar 28, 2017
    Hello my name is Dane and I'm a backyard chickenholic. I've been wanting to do this for a while and my wife and I just moved from Oklahoma to Alabama. She finally said yes to having a few chickens and said I can start with 3. So I am super excited to start this adventure and keep checking on hereach for advice!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Dane, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! We're like a support group composed of chickenholics!! And BYC is the best place to learn the ropes of chicken keeping. I urge you to check out the awesome articles in the Learning Center - they will give you a fast start: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    And if you'd like to cat with some fellow Alabama poultry peeps, find your state thread in this link and say hello:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes on your poultry project and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Dane, thanks for joining us! Don't be too surprised if your wife decides chickens are pretty fun to have and wants to increase the flock size.

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

I'm also a back yard chicken owner..to ....ahem...many chickens. Love them! Have fun...check out your own state thread!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Once your wife actually gets to be around chicks, it's most likely she will be enchanted by them. That happens with husbands too. They are just irresistible .

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Dane [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some links to great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. scrib933

scrib933 Just Hatched

Mar 28, 2017
    Thanks everyone! I can already tell I'm really going to like this group.

8. ECarter1217

ECarter1217 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2017
    meridian ms
    Hi Dane! and [​IMG] from Mississippi I too have started not to long ago, and i love learning all i can on here the People are awesome,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by