New to this gig!

sharpsfarms

Hatching
Jul 25, 2016
Deerfield michigan
Hello all and so glad I found this site. I am not new to raising chickens we have done it since I was a child. We did meat chickens only purchase them in the spring slaughter them off in the late summer. I was gifted some production rir hens and thought I would give the whole hatching my owe a try. Little did I know that the likelyhood of a production rir going broody was very slim to none. So I purchased a heritage rir roo his name is Charlie (aka big red if you ask my wife lol) but I have 9 eggs in the incubator hoping for a good hatch temp ranges have been 97 to 101 and humidity is a constant 55%. My main question is will my roo give the newcomers the hormone to go broody? I'm hoping he will lol incubators are a lot of work. Thanks eveyone

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Good luck with your roo and broody genes!

Best wishes
Ct

Hi and welcome to BYC! Good luck with your hatch! Thanks for joining us!
smile.png

Welcome!
frow.gif
Enjoy this great site and amazing learning centers, along with a really nice community and very helpful members! Have much success in raising your flock!
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom