New to this poo...could this be Coccidiosis??

MommaG2023

Songster
Apr 16, 2023
Pennsylvania
I recently let my lovelies into their new run. They have enjoyed the bugs, the freedom the grass and the sunshine however this morning I noticed a lot of diarrhea spots in the grass and also a fresh pile of poo that had blood in it. It was not an alarming amount but it was still blood. Also my older 11 week olds were introduced to my 6 week old pullets. The look but don't touch however I did open the door on their cage and let them try to roam in safety from the bigs...obviously they walk and poo in the run when they leave the cage. Could this have resulted in Coccidiosis in my older birds? I am going to dose them with CORID regardless due to the new ground environment and mixing of birds but my main question is...Can I continue a B12 supplement while they are on the CORID treatment? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 😊

I recently let my lovelies into their new run. They have enjoyed the bugs, the freedom the grass and the sunshine however this morning I noticed a lot of diarrhea spots in the grass and also a fresh pile of poo that had blood in it. It was not an alarming amount but it was still blood. Also my older 11 week olds were introduced to my 6 week old pullets. The look but don't touch however I did open the door on their cage and let them try to roam in safety from the bigs...obviously they walk and poo in the run when they leave the cage. Could this have resulted in Coccidiosis in my older birds? I am going to dose them with CORID regardless due to the new ground environment and mixing of birds but my main question is...Can I continue a B12 supplement while they are on the CORID treatment? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 😊
No vitamin or electrolytes while on Corrid but start immediately after treatment is done

Back
Top Bottom