new to this site and love it...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by texchick, Jun 21, 2007.

1. texchick

texchick New Egg

Jun 4, 2007
    I'm a new chicken owner. I started off with pullets:fl, purchased at the feed store. They are 8 weeks old now and in the coop. We love them, couldn't be happier. I have 2 light Brahmas, 1 golden sex-link and 1 New Hamshire Red. The ladies free range about 1 to 3 hours a day. We converted a small green house into a coop with a roll of harware wire and a yard of sand. The Girls seem to be very happy.

I must say that this site has been a huge resource for me. Keep up the good work.[​IMG]

2. nu2chixinmo

nu2chixinmo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2007
    Sturgeon, MO
    Welcome Tex chick!!! Yes this site is wonderful!!! I found it by accident, and haven't left yet [​IMG]
    I have found that everyone on here is so helpful and friendly, and OMG a wealth of knowledge. You can find tha naswer to almost any question here.
    Once again Welcome to the chicken club.

3. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Welcome! [​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Welcome texchick. I agree..this site hase been a life saver for us. LITERALLY. The knowledge of all the people on here, mostly from experienced flock owners is outstanding. Greenhouse turned to a coop hu?? Interesting. you MUST post pics!

5. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Welcome Texchick!

I'm totally addicted to this site!! I don't know what I will do because we leave for vacation tomorrow and will be gone about 9 days!

I tell you, before I found this place I found a site about polish chicks and I learned a lot from looking up the archived stuff. But most of those people are serious breeders/showers and don't consider chickens as pets. This place is so great!!! Everyone is sooooo nice and helpful.

jackie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by