New to this, will y'all help me identify what I have?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by loanwizard, Aug 29, 2011.

1. loanwizard

loanwizard Chillin' With My Peeps

I am just gonna be quiet (That's tough for me lol!) and let y'all tell me what I have. I have 1st set of brown eggs incubating. I want to learn before I spend a pile on exotic breeds.

http://www.coshoctongrapevine.com/directory/browse/listing_61/title_serenity-farm/

Sorry for the link, but I don't know how to post a pic on here or am not allowed yet. Hopefully they allow the link.

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

2. ThomsonCentennialFarm

ThomsonCentennialFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Holliday, Missouri
    I think I see some Rhode Island Reds (at least one hen, one roo), some Red Sex Link hens and a roo, a Light Brahma hen, not sure on some of the others.

3. loanwizard

Yay! I can post Pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. DirtCreature

DirtCreature Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Olympia, Washington
    third picture up looks like two RIR roos

5. loanwizard

Quote:Actually, the big one is a roo, but the other is a laying hen. I know for a fact that I only have the big white rooster and the smaller (RIR) rooster in that pen. The larger rooster stays after the lil red one but it doesn't get bloody or anything.... Just kinda letting him know who's the boss!

Incidentally, I just bought what I was originally told were White Leghorns, but the big White Rooster came with the original flock. Any idea what big white roo is?

6. ThomsonCentennialFarm

Aug 17, 2011
    Holliday, Missouri
    Quote:He looks like a Red Star/Red Sex Link roo.

7. zebserema

zebserema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    the last one is a silkie

8. loanwizard

What about #1? I have 4 of them, still pullets, not laying yet but bigger than everything except the big white rooster although the older red hens definitely let them know that THEY are the bosses lol!

9. ThomsonCentennialFarm

Aug 17, 2011
    Holliday, Missouri
    First one looks like a Light Brahma.

10. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    the white ones, if solid white, maybe white leghorn...maybe White Rock...if they have any black splotches...small ones, Calif White.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by