New to this, will y'all help me identify what I have?

loanwizard

Songster
8 Years
Aug 22, 2011
Coshocton, Ohio- 3 Years Ckns
I am just gonna be quiet (That's tough for me lol!) and let y'all tell me what I have. I have 1st set of brown eggs incubating. I want to learn before I spend a pile on exotic breeds.

http://www.coshoctongrapevine.com/directory/browse/listing_61/title_serenity-farm/

Sorry for the link, but I don't know how to post a pic on here or am not allowed yet. Hopefully they allow the link.

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

Yay! I can post Pictures!

104437_nicks_chick.jpg

104437_my_little_rooster.jpg

104437_hugh_hefner_chick_and_his_chicks.jpg

104437_big_white_rooster_and_harem.jpg

104437_our_white_silkie_girl.jpg

Quote:
Actually, the big one is a roo, but the other is a laying hen. I know for a fact that I only have the big white rooster and the smaller (RIR) rooster in that pen. The larger rooster stays after the lil red one but it doesn't get bloody or anything.... Just kinda letting him know who's the boss!

Incidentally, I just bought what I was originally told were White Leghorns, but the big White Rooster came with the original flock. Any idea what big white roo is?

What about #1? I have 4 of them, still pullets, not laying yet but bigger than everything except the big white rooster although the older red hens definitely let them know that THEY are the bosses lol!

the white ones, if solid white, maybe white leghorn...maybe White Rock...if they have any black splotches...small ones, Calif White.

Back
Top Bottom