New to this!

JustPlainTobes

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
Greenwood, Delaware
We got some chickens. They are about 11 day old BO. Just six for now bec we're learning. Already want more. Advice and suggestions welcomed. I've been reading a lot and from what I can see so far we have 5 girls and 1 boy.

Welcome.
Best advice, predator proof housing, nutritious food, clean water and big ventilation. Use common sense, don't stress and all will be well.

Ok. Sounds good. We did make our first mistake and purchased a coop online. After having the chicks for a week we realize we will want more. Were going to build a similar one but larger. We have a lot of land and are considering a chicken tractor.

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

X 2 ChickenCanoe
thumbsup.gif

These are what we have so far. This was a few days ago.
They're adorable! I'm new to chickens, too. My 4 Black Australorp chickies are now going on 5 weeks old, and MY how they've grown! I've already had to make a new brooder box for them because they've outgrown the first one..eeek!!
barnie.gif

images

Welcome to BYC!

Awww....they are adorable!! The best thing you can do is stop by our learning center here on BYC. There are lots of good articles on space requirements for coops and runs, raising your new babies, feeding adult birds and keeping them safe from predators...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

If you have any questions, that is what we are here for. Enjoy your new babies and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom