New to this :-)

I believe one is a pearl white leghorn and I'm not sure of the others. One is black and white speckled and one is red another is light brown and another is brown and white. Our first chickens...the "store" special. However they have been good egg layers so far :)

In addition to your White Leghorn, it sounds like you might have a Speckled Sussex, a Rhode Island Red or Production Red, a Red Sex Link, and the brown one could be any number of breeds. Of course, without a picture, I am just guessing. If you'd like them identified, post a picture and we can take a look at them. Also, you can post them on our What Breed or Gender is This? section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this and let our experts there take a look at them as well. Good luck with your flock.

Have you made any improvements to your coop/run to keep coyotes out?. Once a predator has a successful experience, they keep coming back till there is nothing left. Please check out the predator threads to see how to deal with them. Sorry about your losses.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! So sorry to hear about your losses. There is a section in the Learning Center > Maintaining a Healthy Flock > Chicken Predators & Pests with an article on Coyotes and how to protect your flock against them. Enjoy the site!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I'm sorry for your loss of some of your chickens!
hugs.gif
Good luck with the remaining birds!

Back
Top Bottom