New to website from alaska

RlgNorth

Songster
10 Years
Mar 18, 2009
North Pole, ALASKA
Can't wait to be a regular here! Me and my husband have desided to start a flock we ordered 25 baby chicks and will be here on April 16th!! I am soo excited and have been doing as much research as i can. Dh knows a little about raising chickens but since I will be the main carefrovider thought I would join here and see if you all have any advice for me? Also would love to hear from other ppl in alaska and how thier chickens handle the cold. I know of many ppl with chickens but havn't had the oppurtuity to talk to them. We will have 10 Buff Orpingtons 10 Rhode island reds and 5 slow growing Cornish. I bought them from a local feed store and was told they are the best winter egg layers and the 5 cornish are going to be our meat trial ones.

welcome-byc.gif
from TN

Oh, don't you worry; we have some pretty wonderful Alaskans on board here, and I'm sure they'll make themselves known. Meanwhile, welcome to you and yours!

Last edited:
That is what I heard. I wanted white egg layers but the two breeds i picked I was told were the best in cold conditions I dont mind brown eggs at all My husband actually perferres them. Im soo excited I can't wait!!!!

Back
Top Bottom