New to your “Flock”

:welcome
Glad you decided to join the party!! There are so many knowledgeable folks here willing to answer any/all questions. We share stories, laughter, and sometimes grief...it really is a big happy family. Jump right in any enjoy!:highfive:

As far as introducing, I would place them in seoerate areas, where they can see but not touch, to get used to the others presence...more experienced people will chime in I'm sure, or you could search the forums...lots of methods and you could pick what's best for u n ur fluff butts lol

:welcome
Glad you decided to join the party!! There are so many knowledgeable folks here willing to answer any/all questions. We share stories, laughter, and sometimes grief...it really is a big happy family. Jump right in any enjoy!:highfive:

As far as introducing, I would place them in seoerate areas, where they can see but not touch, to get used to the others presence...more experienced people will chime in I'm sure, or you could search the forums...lots of methods and you could pick what's best for u n ur fluff butts lol

Thank you for responding, I tried to introduce with the “babies” outside the run, my sexlinks seemed OK until the “Queen bee”noticed them she tried to peak at the, through the run. I’m concerned bc all my chickens are not just “egg layers”they’re like pets to us. We’ve already decided that once they’re are at a age of retirement they won’t end up on a dinner table (maybe bc we are so new to this or mainly the kids ) i grew up on a cattle farm. Where now as a adult, my own far, is all new to me

Blue Welcome.png
Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

Introduce them carefully--at night after dark. watch for fighting the next day.

If they draw blood, remove the new ones. You might need to wait until they are bigger--up to 6 more weeks.

Use Blue kote on any blood. Wait a bit and try again. It can take a couple of weeks for them to completely integrate even after they are not fighting as much

Back
Top Bottom