New updates on DH

Alley, so glad to hear ya'll are back home! I will continue to keep ya'll in my prayers. Just remember God never puts on us more than we can bear. You are one strong woman! You will make it so keep on keeping on!
hugs.gif

Hi Alley, I know you are going thru a really hard time....you probably feel overwhelmed. You need to see if you can get disablility. That will help out alot. You have your children, so your options are limited. Can family help baby sit? I know not yours, but Davy's or some close friends? Wish there was more we can do to help....
It's natural for Davy to feel depressed right now. As he gets better, that will pass. How can he feel depressed when the Lord spoke to him...doesn't he know how special he is?? Things will get better each day. Hang in there and continue to be strong! Take care....

Alley, you absolutely MUST file a lawsuit against the first hospital that saw Davey. They MUST be held accountable for their errors. Your family should not be suffering because of their mistakes.

When the second hospital acknowledged that the first hospital had screwed up, it was a very telling thing. Doctors always stick up for each other. This wasn't a simple human error. It was a monumental case of medical malpractice. There needs to be an offical complaint filed against the first doctor. He's a dangerous person!

Get a lawyer. If I'm not mistaken, some law firms even advance money to their clients if they know they'll be collecting a big settlement. I guarantee that you've got a VERY large settlement coming. Please go after it. Even if you don't want the money for yourself, think of your kids. And if, later, your family doesn't need it, you can always donate it.

Alley,

Some medical insurance companies hire nurses or PA's to discuss minor medical issues with policy holders off-hours, on-line or over the phone. Likewise, many medical practices have someone to filter off-hour phone calls to the doctor on-call. Either you could do at home. You probably don't even have to be in the same town. Perhaps you could look into something like these?

K

I am so very thankful that Davy is doing so much better and y'all are back home again.

I don't know if this has been mentioned in the past, I don't have time to read all the posts, but what about Social Security Disability Insurance? I wouldn't think he'd have much trouble getting it in his condition then when he can work again he can just drop it.

You can also apply for state financial assistance, food stamps and medical assistance (welfare), don't be too proud to ask for help wherever you can get it.

Quote:
SSI can take a very very long time - My boys StepMother has had 3 brain stem operations for an incurable illness that has left her with horrible migraines and paralysis. She filed for SSI over 3 years ago and was assured that she would have no problem qualifying for it. She has had an Attorney for the last 2 years and after her SSI hearing a week ago was told that she would have to wait at least another 6-8 weeks to find out what's the next step.
IMO you will need to do both - get a lawyer for the lawsuit and one for the SSI for Davy.
Also, Chirpy told me about www.alpineaccess.com - work from home based telephone business. I don't have DSL (just dial-up) so until I can switch I don't qualify - maybe this is something that you might be able to do...
We are still praying for you,
Dana

finding a baby sitter for the kids isnt the problem. Its having someone there to take care of Davy. My in laws live 25 miles away and my FIL is going to be starting to go back to work at his seasonal job. My MIl isnt strong enough to handle someone of his size. And then he has been really particular about who is helping him. Like i said this all is embarrassing to him, and he really doesnt feel comfortable with anyone els helping him with his personal care. I also dont want to leave this stuff to someone else. For 1 i dont trut to many peopole after this, and 2 i want to make sure that he is okay.
We actually alrady applied for disability for him a few weeks before this all started. We are in the waiting period of finding out that weve been declind. The tech is a friend of my in laws and she said that the first time you apply they usually turn you down. Then you have to reapply and will actually have a better chance of getting it. She also said it could take up to 6 or 7 months to hear anything.
We really cant apply for food stamps or anything like that because here if you have over 1,000 dollars, or own something worth that amount with in the last 6 months you get declined. This happend to a friend of mine that was pregnant and single. We have to cars and that puts us over the top. We cant say we sold them because they will total it as to their blue book value, so i cant say that we sold them for 100 bucks, and them go along with it. My only choice is to figure out how to care for him and work at the same time.
For the malpratice part of it all, we ar looking into that. e have been trying to find a attorney here in town that wont charge up front. ince this is a small town they charge you for walking by their office, because they really dont have a lot of these kinds of cases here. We have been discussing the idea of a out of town attroney , which will also cost us more. But Davy has been so overwhelmed with all this stuff, he isnt handling all the extra stress on top of trying to relearn how to function and do daily activities. So i havent been pushing that to hard. We have plenty of time to deal with that later, Davy cant cope with it right now, so he needs a littl time to regain some control over his life and his body before he is pushed into dealing with court hearings. Well speaking of whom he has woke up and is calling for me, i better go help him out.

Just keep the faith Alley, HE has gotten you this far and HE knows your every need. Continue to take one day at a time when you begin to feel overwhelmed. Finances are a hard one to turn over to the Lord. I've been there. It is a growing thing, turning over each and every piece of your life over to God. Not a easy thing but necessary for Gods Good Plan for you, your DH and kiddos. Keep your eyes on Jesus, Alley, HE can show you the plan HE has for you to supply your family with it's material needs.
Already, there are some suggestions fm your BYC family that may work for you and I am sure there will be more. If there is legal recourse against the first Hosp. and you feel called do so, call a lawyer and check out your rights and options.
Soc. Security Disability will be a long process for most. My DH was able to get on right away but the circumstances were different. He had a liver transplant and transplants as a general rule don't get back to work quickly or for full time too often. God is good and took care of our financal needs in a number of ways. We had no savings at all at the time of my DH's illness and transplant & I wasn't working outside the home & like you, knew I needed to be home to care for him etc. so I know how it is to stress over $$'s etc. God Provided.
TRUST in the LORD in ALL things & HE will watch over you and take care of you. Don't forget to ask HIM, lean on HIM with a humble and contrite heart. HE will open doors for you, guide you to the right course of action in finding work, help, and meeting your financial needs. Though you will have rough times still, I have faith that HE will guide you through. You will be even stronger for it. Your faith will grow and you can be a witness to HIS Grace and Mercy. I will continue to read your posts, pray for you and yours and a ask for Gods Blessings and Grace to get you through these days. This may not be "practical" advice,
smile.png
that I don't have at this time, but it is adivce for your life & the best I can give. It has saved me many a time in this hard world but takes practice.
big_smile.png

Alley, see if you qualify for WIC (Women Infants & children). It takes some time to go through the application process, but then you get vouchers for milk, eggs, cheese, juice, peanut butter... Stuff like that. Every little bit helps during times like these!
It's different than foodstamps & doesn't have the same requirements.

Back
Top Bottom