New updates on DH

You all are truely wonderful people I believe without a doubt that it was because of all your prayers I still have a DH. I did forget to tell you that he does have a slur when he talks. But it isnt so bad that I cant understand him. He is irratable today. They came and took him in for physical therapy. And it wasnt long before he was frustrated thatg he couldnt do anything. He really got mad though when they told him that he may have to go to a nursing home for rehab. I am thinking that we wont go that route. I have enough training that I can manage caring for him at home. They have home health agencies everywhere here and they can come in and assist him in getting back to normal. The doctor said that we will know for sure what his abilities will be by aout a year. Anything he doesnt get back by then he said he probably will never get back again. You all are right that the strokes didnt affect him to bad. He can move the bad side. But he cant squeeze anythinhg very hard, or push or pull against resistance. And of coarse he has problems with fine motor skills. I know he is going to be stubborn with all of the rehab.He can also stand and walk sort distances with support. We arent for sure how far he can really go yet as they didnt push him to hard yet.
Back at home our animals have taken over everything. vthe dogs have been sleeping in our bed and have been alover everything. So I will have a ton of cleaning to do. The inccident with our chickens was the nieghbor let the chickens out so they could free range. She didnt know one of our dogs doesnt di well with chickens and she had let them out in the frlnt yard to go to the bathroom. She then went to use the bathroom herself. By the time she was done our dog had already gotten several of them. So now I have a few hens and to many roosters. Its a real bummer because she got all but two of my hens that I raised last summer. And then she killed all of my turkens, cochins, and my silkies. Very irratating. I thought about skinning the dumb dog after that. She is horrible with both my cats, rabbits, and birds. Well they just showed up with Davy's dinner I better get him woke up and see if I can get him to eat. Talk to you all later.
Oh ya I forgot to mention that I am happy that you are not in any serious trouble spottedcrow. I also hope your meds they started you on will help. The predisone is nasty stuff it tastes horrible since it dissolves in your mouth before you can swallow it. And then at least with me it makes you stay up all night long with the jitters. Please get feeling better soon, and take of your self. I expect to here updates on you as well. WE need to know that your okay.

Last edited:
OMG that is wonderful to hear that he is doing better and I am sure that with lots of TLC at home he will improve so much faster. I am so sorry to hear that the house has gone to the dogs LOL and I am very sorry to hear you lost so many of your hens, but spring is coming and you never know what the easter bunny will bring lol

Julie

I'm glad the strokes didn't leave him so bad that he can't walk, talk, etc. That's good news. You probably know this with having small children but, one good excerise for small motor skills is following the dots. Example: write a word but use dots to make the letters and have him trace over it. He is probably also weak from being inactive for so long so he will have to build his strength back up before you can really tell how the strokes affected him that way.

I'm still praying and hoping for the best.
smile.png

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

The rehab helps a ton, though, Alley. My Aunt had a couple of strokes and she's recovered alot. They helped her get her balance back and her sight and those were the things that were most affected.

Needlepoint is good for fine motor skills too...I used that with my son when he was having troubles with his FMS.
It's very true on things coming back within a year...My Aunt's strokes were a year ago in Sept.

I hearya on the prednisone...that's one of the worst things I've ever tasted...I'd rather lick a chicken foot. LOL

The PT will also help to get his strength back. He'll be squishing those little exercise balls and silly putty and doing arm lifts with canned goods.

A,

Thank God! I really am glad to hear Davy can get up and on his feet.

I continue to pray for Davy's complete recovery and for your and your family's well-being.

All the best,
K

I'm glad Davy is up and around!
If he has to go for rehab, he should go, they have things to help him better then things you can do at home, and he will be better off! Don't call it a nursing home call it a rehab center! My Dad was way better off at the rehab, cuz once home he didn't do what he was supossed to do even when the home help came! Men can get stubborn that way!
Make Davy do what he can for himself, after awhile my Dad wanted us to do everything for him because it was easier and quicker for him! It made rehab take longer!
Take cake and keep posting good updates!
Brenda

Back
Top Bottom