New updates on DH

So gald Davy was able to get up and walk cause that alone can make him feel better inside if you know what I mean. I will continue to pray for yall and others on here as well like spottedcrow. Davy is strong cause he has proved that by making it thru this ordeal and I know it is also because God answered alot of prayers. What I am trying to say is because he is strong (and you are too by the way) yall will get thru this together by God's Amazing Grace.

GlenLock-distant2.jpg

Just a pic for you to relax with.

This one is the Glen Lock at Irvine Park in Chippewa Falls, WI.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I can completely relate with a stubborn DH and medical issues, though DH has gradually lost strength/fine motor skills (ALS), not all of a sudden like Davy. Any time you want to talk/vent, I'm only a PM away.

Hugs!

It seems like davy is moving right along and like any dh he is stubborn. I'm going to offer my two cents, take it or not. I know you think you can care for him just as well at home with home health. Rehab will work with him intensely 2 or more times a day. They also have the equipment he needs that home health could not possible do. At home davy has the option of saying"I don't feel like it maybe tomorrow." The therapist knows the means to get them to work, that is their job and they do it well. I understand you want him home and he wants to come home but davy has a lot of work to do now. I used to work in a rehab when I first started out and the results are outstanding in the short amount of time they are there. They can also deal with some issues he may have psychologically, this has had to be tough for him and I'm sure physical and occupational therapy frustrates him further. If he is not thrilled with the nursing home rehab, check with social work and see with your insurance what other options out there. Maybe you could try rehab for a few weeks to see how it goes? I wish only the best for you and your family.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom