New updates on DH

Alley-
I am so happy to hear that Davy is getting a bit ornery. That is a good sign! Only "sick" people are reasonable and compliant in a hospital setting!

As others have mentioned, the rehab center may be the best place for Davy to recover his strength. You obviously love Davy alot... The proof is in all that you have done in this situation.The people who work in those rehab facilities are tough. They won't take no for an answer if Davy decides that he doesn't want to try to do something. Sometimes, we can "give in" to the pleas of our loved ones because we don't want to be the cause of their distress. They also know how to manipulate us. When people need rehabilitative therapy, they usually need someone who is outside of the situation to provide the highest level of care, equipment and impartiality to stimulate the best recovery possible. (Just like the fact that doctors don't operate on their own family members) As you mentioned, Davy's chances of recovering his abilities are best within the first year. He will need the most intensive therapy that he can get from people who will pull the best work out of him.

As always, I am so glad that things are looking up for you and your family. We're still praying for a full recovery for Davy and only the best that God has to offer to you and your family. May God continue to bless you and carry you through this ordeal.

Hi Alley-

I am so glad that Davy is making progress in his recovery. I am still praying for a full recovery, for him. I am also praying for strength for you and your in-laws. It has to be a very stressful time for everyone.

I am also praying for guidance in your decision as to whether to bring Davy home, or send him to rehab for recovery.

Take care of yourself.

HI all I am glad to see you all havent gone nutts and turned on each other sine my last post
lol.png
I do apperiaciate that. DAvy has been moved out of the CCU and is in the rehab wing, no clue how long we will be here. MOst of the relatives have decided its safe enough to return back home. A cousin who recently had gotten a divorce as decided to stay and house sit for us. He is wanting to find a job up here so this will work out good for him. My in laws have also took the kids and returned home. They do come back up every day or every other day. Davy has put on his war paint, and has been determined to get back to normal. He has been goig to therapy three times a day and has been working extremely hard on regaining what he lost. He is already making improvements. The doctor has decided to just let him come home when he is ready and then set him up on out patient therapy at our hospital, and then have home health come in a few times during the week to work with him there and make sure everything is going ok. I didnt tell you all but the doctor did get me to take the anti anxiety prescription. After he realesed me from his office and I went back to the hospital we were in the cafiteria eating lunch when he appeared and sat down with us. He tossed me a bottle of pills and then said there now you dont have a excuse for not taking them. He had went to the pharmacy and paid out of his pocket for the pills. I tried paying him back and he kept telling me he had it covered. Now every time he comes in he has to check me out as well.
Davy wont tell me what he and Jesus had talked about every time he tries he breaks down in tears. e just keeps telling me that it was amazing, and yet very scary. He said that he did get to see things that had not yet happend, and that he didnt want to be around when it doles happen.BUt I dont yet have any details.
My family has also figured out what has been going on. they ran into mutual friends of my in lawsx and they spilled the beans. According to my in laws they have gotten some pretty nasty messages on their answering machine telling them how aweful we all are n not telling them what has been going on, and saying something to the effect of that we better not think about coming to them for any help. As if i would come to them in the first place. They dont bother me to much right now. They cant call or come because they dont know where we are exactly. Maybe after we leave here we will have to deal with them but not now.

Alley, I'm so glad Davy is improving and is so determined! I hope you are getting a chance to rest and are breathing a little easier. Wow re: the doc caring enough to make an effort to get you meds. And double wow - more than double really - re: Davy and what he experienced when he was unconscious. Sooo curious what that was like for him and what he learned. As to the troubling relatives, I'm sorry. Sounds like it certainly is best to be free of that. Continuing to send good wishes for healing, peace, and before too long, hopefully even some fun! You guys are on your way! Did you tell Davy he owes you a craft fair for breaking your hand? JJ

You're right, you don't need that stress. (family) I'm glad everything is working out for you and Davy. I'm always checking here, to make sure you're posting good news.
smile.png
It'll be hard work for him in rehab but it will be worth it, and it sounds like he's up for it! Will be thinking of you.

Davy has put on his war paint, and has been determined to get back to normal.

This just makes me smile!!!!!
Make sure he knows that he's got a cheering section
big_smile.png

Great news! I'm glad he has decided to do the physical therapy battle with aggression! Although the way he fought to stay alive says he was bound to!

I'm sorry your family is being so nasty about not being told. I'm not sure what they expected when they have disowned you and treated you the way they did. Hopefully, by the time Davy goes home they will have cooled down enough they don't bother you (at least not to much)!

Davy may never be able to tell you what his meeting with Jesus was like or the things he saw happening in the future. His getting choked up maybe the Lord's way of keeping it between him and Davy.

Prayers for a great recovery coming your way!

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Outstanding news, Alley!! Sounds like you are one lucky lady to have him as your DH. A person with that kind of will and determination is rare. Congratulations to you all.

Regarding your family, I have one of those families myself. My father was a monster, and he came by his personality honestly. Once I finally decided that I was of MUCH more value to this world than he or his family beleived and "divorced" myself from them, I became much healthier, happier in my own life.

I'm sorry they think it's up to you to bear their burden and ill will. But, lucky for you, you have Davy at your side. Sounds to me like that team wouldn't be one I'd want to wrangle with.

Continued well wishes to you all!

Back
Top Bottom