New user and soon to be chicken owner

collitchboy

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 25, 2011
Good afternoon all. I have been thinking of getting some chickens for about a year and a half now. My wife is on a new diet and is finally supportive of having chickens mostly due to being free range and knowing exactly how the eggs are treated.

I placed my first order with Idel Poultry this afternoon and they immediately called me to inform me that the number of chickens I ordered was too low and that I would either have to insure the order or have them pack in random male chicks to take up the space. I only want about 4 chicks to start with and certainly do not want them to be harmed in shipment but cannot house the additional chicks nor do I want roosters. Is there a subforum I missed or some method to find people near me wanting to order chicks to split the cost? The shipment will not go out until September 7th so I could call and change or cancel my order if need be but I thought I would try this first.

If anyone is interested I live in Murfreesboro, TN

Thanks!

you can get on http://www.mypetchicken.com/default.aspx their minimum quantity is just 3!
Oh and
welcome-byc.gif
from MO

Last edited:
frow.gif
Hello and welcome to BYC! 4 is not enough.
lau.gif
. We were only planning 2 and I now have 8. Good luck finding someone to split chicks.

Welcome to BYC. You can cancel your Ideal hatchery order and order from Meyer Hatchery or MyPetChicken. Meyer and MPC will ship as little as 3 chicks. I've ordered from all 3 hatcheries without any problems.

welcome-byc.gif
from the Finger Lakes of New York! So glad to have you here. If you look in the "Where are you? Where am I?" section, there is at least one TN thread. There may very well be someone on there that has extra chickens. That would be a great place to start. Welcome aboard!

Back
Top Bottom