New Way to watch an Embryo Grow Try#5(Update Didnt Make It ) Eggtopsy

The cam is back up running.

Last time I had a hatch it was day 19, so im using the same temp as last time so there is a chance that it could hatch tomorrow.
My video camera will be on the egg all day and same with my cam.

I candled one last time and it seemed a little farther than day 18 should be, because the beck is near the air pocket and 99% of the shell is black now, execpt the air cell.

No video will be taken today, until it starts to hatch.

Temp 100 Hum 75%

Last edited:
Day 19: Intestinal loop retraction complete; yolk sac begins to enter body cavity; amniotic fluid (swallowed by embryo) disappears; beak may pierce air cell and lungs begin to function (pulmonary respiration).

These are the main issues I have going in the hatch
because the egg was in the bag I wasnt sure how the oxygen was in the bag.

Sign: Missing eye(s), other eye abnormalities. Causes:

1. High incubator temperature during days 1 to 6.

2. Low oxygen during days 1 to 6.30.
Exposed brain. Causes:

1. High incubator temperature during days 1 to 3.

2. Low oxygen during days 1 to 3.

Bad news everyone, the chick didnt make it, I had a feeling something was wrong so I candled and didnt look good, so I put a hole in the top and didnt see anything move.

Sorry to hear that, but, as Albert Einstein said, "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research" I think the fact that the chick developed as far as it did means that, up to a certain point, all of its requirements were met to that point. A careful necropsy will tell more. If you don't mind doing so, keep us posted on your finidngs.

If I remember rightly, there's a particular issue that can cause malpositioning. I don't remember if it's a nutritional deficiency in the embryo or an incubating temp/humidity issue, but I definitely remember reading about it somewhere. I know some chicks just end up the wrong way round just due to bad luck, but it's maybe worth looking at anyway.

Sorry your chick didn't make it. I really thought you might do it this time...

Back
Top Bottom