**new with photos** buff orps are pecking each other to death

just wondering if anyone has any suggestions based on the coop photos? anything we should change/anything different that should be done about the outdoor run...thanks!

The only thing I can think of is some kind of cover, I have tin roofing over mine, but anything that would help with shade and protection from hawks would be good. As far as your bad girl in detention, I still think that handsome roo would show her who's the boss! After a couple of days of non-stop attention she may decide to be a little less fiesty in the group. BTW, your coop is fabulous.

thanks, stilwellchick. I appreciate the advice. we'll definitely be covering the top of the outdoor chicken run with fencing, so there won't be hawk access from above. we wanted to purposely leave it without a solid roof (hence the fencing on top) so that they can get lots of sunshine and it dries up quickly after a rain. they'll have their coop with the solid roof for protection from the weather. we plan on attaching a little walkway from the existing coop to the outdoor area so they can come and go as they please.

and thanks for the coop compliments. I forgot to mention that my husband built the coop and the brooder himself. he does good work!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom