New woodies! now to get them to eat.

Take some starter feed and make a kinda mash with it and spread some around it on the flooring. Put it on the side of the waterer and edge lip of it also. Watch and make sure they find it and start feeding
smile.png

Oh, hmmm...my guess would be because they've been moved and they're just getting used to there new home. I'm sure they'll be eating and drinking by tomorrow.

With woodies, you need live food. I am assuming that your post suggests they are wild birds that were "found".

Clint

Quote:
I didn't ask questions in case of that. I did get them to eat some shredded grass so I put their food on top so maybe that will help, I also stick a chick the same size in with them to kinda show them the ropes.

Quote:
I didn't ask questions in case of that. I did get them to eat some shredded grass so I put their food on top so maybe that will help, I also stick a chick the same size in with them to kinda show them the ropes.

Well then you know they are wild. If they were captive breed the person handing them over should have handed u paper work as well.
In cases like this wild birds need to be handed over to a licensed wildlife rehabber (or at least in contact with) so that proper care can be taken so that they can be released back into the wild.

Last edited:
Quote:

Well then you know they are wild. If they were captive breed the person handing them over should have handed u paper work as well.
In cases like this wild birds need to be handed over to a licensed wildlife rehabber (or at least in contact with) so that proper care can be taken so that they can be released back into the wild.

X2

Back
Top Bottom