New Year Block swap

I'd love to do this as well!!!! Having fun working in the Nov 15th swap
smile.png

Hello quailtrail, I have you down and welcome!!!!

lots of activity since I have been MIA but atlas I'm back
wee.gif

fenrosie, I have put your mother on my prayer list I hope she has a speedy recovery. I'm glad you liked the card.

I love grits, but hominy
sickbyc.gif
it had such a nasty flavor when the one and only time I ever put that stuff in my mouth maybe it was cooked right. I don't know but I sure won't give that stuff another try. We will see how our friends across the pond likes them. Some people put sugar on them I don't and I only eat them with my over easy eggs. Now I do like my okra you just have to ignore the slime, lol

Maybe I'll send you a can of Hominy, but I'm afraid our friendship would be in serious jeopardy!!!!

oh I heard Hominy is corn processed in formaldehyde and if you are supposed to cook them a certain way I have no Idea, I really do not know anyone who eats them.

oh I heard Hominy is corn processed in formaldehyde and if you are supposed to cook them a certain way I have no Idea, I really do not know anyone who eats them.

I thought they were soaked in lye

Here thanks to google

Definition: Hominy is a food made from kernels of corn which are soaked in an alkali solution of either lime or lye. The corrosive nature of the solution removes the hull and germ of the corn and causes the grain itself to puff up to about twice its normal size.

Hominy can be made with either white or yellow corn, specifically maize, which is the type of corn used in making corn meal and other grain products — as opposed to sweet corn, which is the vegetable that can be eaten on the cob and so forth.

Last edited:
fenrosie, I have put your mother on my prayer list I hope she has a speedy recovery. I'm glad you liked the card.

I love grits, but hominy
sickbyc.gif
it had such a nasty flavor when the one and only time I ever put that stuff in my mouth maybe it was cooked right. I don't know but I sure won't give that stuff another try. We will see how our friends across the pond likes them. Some people put sugar on them I don't and I only eat them with my over easy eggs. Now I do like my okra you just have to ignore the slime, lol

Maybe I'll send you a can of Hominy, but I'm afraid our friendship would be in serious jeopardy!!!!
Oh and if you girls don't like grits cook them and give them to the chickens they love them!!

Back
Top Bottom