New York swaps or auctions???

Quote:
About where is that?I live in Nichols,it's between Binghamton and Elmira.I'd like to find a stockyard close. Will

West Windield is not all that far from utica but Chambers has a small animal and livestock sale every Wed. in unadilla. Small animal sale starts at noon and goats, sheep and pigs are at 1 with cattle starting after that. Chambers would be alot closer for you. But if your looking for a larger and better selection of birds then king's is the sale you want. but Unadilla gets a fare amount of animals also. Can either take rt 8 or rt 12 until you come to route 20 then hang a right onto rt20 until you get to west winfield.

Last edited:
chicken stalker ;p :

When was the last one in West Winfield? Are they yearly?

Didn't see this before I posted. King's in West Winfield is every 2nd or last Sunday in the month (I'll check the flyer in the barn and get back for sure on that) I haven't been to King's or Unadilla at all this summer but will be heading to Unadilla next wed if my 6 month old jacob rams don't sell local. Time to down size a little for winter.​

Kings is this Sunday. Anyone here going? We should meet up! I am thinking about taking some New Hamp cockerels and a pair of Mille Fleur D'uccles (this years hatch). I was going to send them down with a guy that goes every weekend, but maybe I'll head out myself.

i'm sorry where was kings? i would be intrested in checking it out depending on where it is. there is small animal auctions in bridgeport on route 31 monthly, but they are done for the winter. small but get the job done. i went to the last one of the season and there was 60 people i think. auctionnetwork.org

o i see it now where kings is. i thought it was a different one.

Last edited:
How do you transport auction birds? Can you cage them together. If so, how do people bid on one in the bunch? Is it better to put them in a wire cage, like a dog crate or a cardboard box that's enclosed?

Back
Top Bottom