New!!

tboneranch

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
HI, my husband and I have 33 hens and we have learned and enjoyed this web site so much! From the very beginning it has been helpful! Now we have a serious problem so we have joined for some advice.

Has anyone had problems with Cataracts in hens? The vet doesn't have a clue. My Rhode Island Reds and Ancona's have them. It doesn't seemt o be contagious, because the Auracaunas, blacks, Buffs, and Wyandettes don't have them.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
well if you are comming here for advice and looking for us to say stop where you are dont get anymore you have come to the wrong place lol we are enablers here we offer you all diffrent breeds of chicks and eggs even ones you prob never heard of get ready preatty soon you will be having incubators full of eggs well good luck, anything els ei cna help you with?

Welcome! I'm sorry I have no answers as to your query concerning the cataracts, but maybe if you post it in the emergencies/diseases topic you'll get some responses. I hope you find a solution.
smile.png

well if you are saying its not contagious then it might not be cataracts did you gat all these birds at the same time and same flock, the disease is usually spread through the eggs but it can also be spread from poop or fecal matter in the water or feed

Well, I am not sure that it's not contagious...but the only two breeds that have it are the RIR's and the Anconas. I got the RIR first about a year ago and the Ancona in October....like you all have said...this chicken habit is very addicting!!

Back
Top Bottom