New :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by walker1229, Dec 12, 2013.

1. walker1229

walker1229 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    My Coop
    Hello I am new to the group, I live in Wyoming and sadly have no chickens...YET. The city we live in doesnt allow chickens, were hoping to move next spring but I am having a hard time finding out if near by towns allow chickens or if I need to keep fighting for them to allow chickens here! Anyways glad to be apart of the group
    Crystal

2. LRH97

LRH97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Southern Illinois
    [​IMG] Welcome and good luck! Try bribing them with some delicious eggs!

3. Chicks and Hens

Chicks and Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2013
    With my chickens
    Great we always love newbies! You can learn tons on here! Don't mind the others if they always say WELCOME! instead of answering your questions.We are just obsessed with you that's all! The answers with eventually come :)

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

6. Farmgirl1000

Farmgirl1000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2013
    [​IMG]

7. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

:welcome

Pull up a perch and roost for a bit. All are welcome to join the BYC flock :clap

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Some questions take a lot of thought before answering. I know I often leave "[​IMG] as a new member greeting. I believe everyone deserves a greeting. After which I usually do some research on a question to be certain I have an accurate reply, or I will try out a search to be certain the results are what the member needs. Then I go back and and either edit the first post, or if quite some time has passed I will post a second time with the answer etc. Sometimes I also follow up with a pm.

There are times when I cannot understand what the member is seeking, and still others where they just want to exchange greetings.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  9. petrel

petrel Chats with Chickens

Hello and welcome! I like the bribing with eggs idea, you may want to hold onto that one. It seems that it would work on unhappy neighbors too.

Why not just call city halls where you are shopping for homes and ask. If you decide to settle in a subdivision, be sure to check covenants and restrictions too.

Good Luck!

10. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Browse through the Laws section here and the Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances forum section. Fingers crossed you'll find a place where you can keep a flock legally!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by