newbe chicken owner

mammakugs

In the Brooder
May 10, 2015
Parkdale, OR
My name is Melissa. Well....I was raised with chickens but let's be real here...I was a kid and resented the 100+ chickens. We recently became the proud owner of 8 baby chicKs. We are looking for a coop that is able to be dismantled easily and put back together. We are in a rental and will move with I the next year or two. We live in Parkdale, OR.

You might consider a purchased shed, or building your own with screws instead of nails. You could modify a plastic doghouse or playhouse but would probably need two of them, and they are tricky to ventilate properly.

Hi Melissa,
welcome-byc.gif
Glad you decided to join us. Congratulations on your new flock.

I am trying to imagine taking a coop apart and rebuilding in a new location and how to house and tend the flock while this gets done.

Honestly it sounds difficult logistically to me, but have seen this question in the forums before, so likely someone has accomplished it.

Wish you could find a trailer or camper that you could convert so when moving day arrives, it could be pulled by a truck to it's new location.
The kit type coops are too small for a flock of 8. Some of the prebuilt ones are quite pricey, but could be moved the same way they get delivered?

You should post this question under coops/runs for more input.

Good luck with all.

Back
Top Bottom