Newbe from Hawaii, Alooooha!

Welcome to BYC! I’m so excited to see you joined! This wonderful community of poultry keepers and experts will be very happy to answer whatever questions you may have ☺️
2597B463-677F-4157-AC36-DFECF544032A.png

Thanks everyone for such a wonderful welcome!! My flock is not "really" mine per say. They hangout with me all day but they roost in the trees in the lot next to me. That lot is just all brush and trees and I'm guessing that's where the girls disappear too and hatch their babies. I always know when one of my hens is missing for a few days I'll be getting more babies.
They are so much fun and each have their own personality. I told my husband it's like watching a soap opera! 😊
We also have a pet dog and stray cat with the chickens but they rule come feed time. It's so funny to see a cat next to chickens but patiently wait it's turn.
At least that's how it was until...da da daaaa....Miss Piggy came along...I'll post a pic. Sorry for such a long post but I wanted to kind of give everyone an idea of what I've got here. Lol
The pic is Miss Piggy and George. He was my first baby and followed me all the time in the yard until hormones took over and he found his voice and realized he could crow and a great fondness of young hens. Lol

Attachments

• 20210301_113205.jpg
    20210301_113205.jpg
    730.3 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom