Newbe saying hi.

Bird Hearder

Songster
11 Years
Apr 10, 2008
Salisbury, Md.
I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm an avid CBer, Yup you read it right Lol. And a Mod. on a CB forum.

Anyway I want to start by saying that I found this forum looking for a howto on building a Coop. I used to chickens before we moved from NJ, to the Eastern Shore of Md. But we had a tragic accedent, It was a very cold winter temps were hanging around 5 degrees so I put a lamp in the coop to help keep the flock(12) warm. Well the chickens knocked the lamp into the straw and well we had a fire. Lost 2 chickens.
Here's the Old coop,
It was actually our daughters Play house when she was little.
backyardpp6.jpg

I got a call last night from our daughter who said she is bringing me some birds. Wife hates the idea.LOL
So Now I need to get my Tail Feathers in gear and go build a coop.
You have a Great place here! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
BH

Im also very new at this. We just got our first batch of chicks. They are about 7 weeks old. They are so friendly, they will jump up on your lap. Greet you when you go into the coop by running up to you and demanding attention. We just love them.
lol.png

Welcome to BYC Nu Chicks and Bird Hearder. Good Luck on the new coop! Make sure you make it big enough for lots of chicks!! You both will find this site a friendly place to find info and friendships!
ya.gif

You know, I was wondering if CBs were still out there!! I guess truckers still use them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm not a trucker by any means, It's just a hobby for me.
What we like to do is record Long distance operators. the recording is called a watergate. the long distance is based on the same principal the Ham operators use. It's a very indepth science called propagation, deals with atmospheric conditions, sun spots, solar Ionization. If interested Here's a sample http://media.putfile.com/Southpaw-RF169

I'm new, too.....only been at the chicken thing for about 2 months....good luck with everything, and welcome to BYC!!!! (P.S. Prepare to become addicted to this site.....LOL!)

Back
Top Bottom