Newbe

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Siennak, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Siennak

Siennak New Egg

Apr 4, 2016
    Hi there, I'm using the brinsea advance and it's my first time. I have 6 chicken eggs and I'm down to day 1. Is day 1 considered day 20 of incubation? Will I see any signs today?could they hatch? I feel like I'm spending most of my time looking at them to see if there's any pipping!! Thanks super excited

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Are you using the mini advance? If so I would say yes you would be on day 20 of incubation. They could pip and yes they could hatch!! 21 days is just a guide though and they will hatch when they are ready I'm afraid. They dont take into account the worry they cause us!!

I've locked some eggs down today and I have been constantly looking for wobbling or pips but nothing yest here.

Good luck with your hatch and enjoy BYC :frow

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Yorkshire coop has given you some great info so I'll just say hello and good luck!

1 person likes this.
  4. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    [​IMG]

Good luck with your hatch!

5. Siennak

Siennak New Egg

Apr 4, 2016
    Thank you! I can't keep my eyes off

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sending good hatching vibes your way [​IMG] Hope you will update after they hatch

7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run. Sending you good hatching vibes.

8. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC -fingers crossed for your hatch and let us know how it goes.

CT

9. ashrenae0404

ashrenae0404 New Egg

Mar 28, 2016
    Hello im new at all this my name is ashley I live in okkahona and so far im loving my chickens my husband nd I had some chickens given to us about 7 months ago well since then we only ended up with 5 hens and 9 roosters im not sure what kind they are but they are very beautiful speckeled and feathered feet well obviously we were a little out numbered on roosters so we gave them away all but two and lost a hen anyways long story short I have 3 brand new babys that cant stay with my hen and two babies from my hen that I lost they are about 3 weeks apart my husband is out of town what do I do I need A brooder house imediately

10. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by