Newbie alert

charlt83

Hatching
Jul 13, 2016
Decided to get some call/runner ducks for my little ones to watch and grow, now I'm on day 19 and I have some eggs that are clear and others that are dark... Do I take out the clear ones??? The dark ones are dark as I can't see inside...(told you I was a newbie) clear ones feel heavy but can't see anything.... Two different egg providers and all the light eggs look like duds but as a first timer unsure what to do... Also when does lockdown start put them in on the 25th xxx

Decided to get some call/runner ducks for my little ones to watch and grow, now I'm on day 19 and I have some eggs that are clear and others that are dark... Do I take out the clear ones??? The dark ones are dark as I can't see inside...(told you I was a newbie) clear ones feel heavy but can't see anything.... Two different egg providers and all the light eggs look like duds but as a first timer unsure what to do... Also when does lockdown start put them in on the 25th xxx

Lockdown starts on the 25th day.

Reading through some of your older threads is super helpful for another first timer here!
1f64b.png

Yes, lockdown means you do not open the incubator or turn the eggs. If your incubator has a turner, turn it off for lockdown. At Day 19 if the eggs are still clear, they are not going to develop so you can go ahead and discard those ones. You can discard clear eggs after Day 10 of incubation. Leave all the dark ones in there, of course. ;)

Also, are these mixed breed Calls and Runners? Or do you have Calls AND Runners in there? I ask because Call Ducks usually hatch around Day 25-26, so a little earlier than other breeds. So if you have Call eggs in there, you might want to start lockdown around Day 23. Good luck! Let us know if you have any more questions. ^-^

Edit: Just noticed you posted this like 10 days ago, I guess my advice is too late. lol! How did the hatch go?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom