Newbie and glad to be here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GimmyChickens, Sep 6, 2016.

1. GimmyChickens

GimmyChickens New Egg

Sep 6, 2016
    Hello! I'm new to BYC! I live in the Midwest and have 3 ameraucana hens. I had 3 ISA browns, but they were sadly taken by a bobcat just last week. I am hoping to expand my little flock next spring. I've had my chickens for about a year and half. At first I wasn't for having chickens, but my husband wanted them. Within an hour of having them I had them all named and it's safe to say I'm obsessed with them now! I will be on here a lot asking lots of questions and I hope I don't ask too many questions that have already been asked. I've learned a lot about raising chickens, but I'm excited and eager to learn more from here!
    ~Lynsey

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Lynsey, and :welcome. Pleased you joined but sorry to hear about your bobcat. :rant. By next spring I'm sure you can incorporate some predator proofing steps. Feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like. BYC is full of friendly folk. Best of luck to you!

3. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! I'm sorry to hear about your losses. If you'd like, the Learning Center has some great articles about predator protection. If you ever have any questions, always feel free to ask. Thanks for joining us and best of luck with your flock! [​IMG]

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. I think you should post on the predator threads for advice on safeguarding your birds. Sad thing is EVERYTHING loves to eat chicken. Once they have an easy meal, they keep coming back until there aren't any more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by