Newbie chicken mama

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
You do not need to give them anything but fresh clean water and free access to a complete feed and a separate container of grit.
Do you have a shed or another out building you can convert into a coop? If you ordered a pre-fab that requires assembly, I highly recommend you go the shed conversion route.
Thanks everyone for replying to my post I haven't had a chance to get on here much this week. I actually don't have a shed that is available ours is filled with ride on lawn mower and quads we've had the chickens setup since we got them back in April in my mud room. We got a email for yet another delay in our coop said it arrived in the US but now they are having truck driver issues it's driving me nuts. We are still taking them outside every morning and bringing them inside every night which all 5 of my girls have this routine down they are fully ready in the morning around 830 ish to go outside then in the evening around 730pm they all come out of the run and into this big blue bin that I have attached to a sled to bring them across my yard to go inside it's actually amazing how they know every night to get ready to come inside for the night. I did try to separate them into 2 different sleeping bins in my mud room and they didn't seem to happy about it they kept trying to get out and were being very loud so we went back to them being in the 1 and they seem happy like that. I've got 3 of my 5 all started laying eggs this week they turned 16 weeks on Sunday so far since Monday we get 2 to 3 eggs a day which I wasn't ready for thought had little more time before they started laying started Oster shells this week since I'm still giving the grower feed till the bag is gone I've got 3 acres so I let them free range every couple of days but they seem to love there run hopefully my coop will be here this week now it says Aug 2nd to the 9th

Thanks everyone for replying to my post I haven't had a chance to get on here much this week. I actually don't have a shed that is available ours is filled with ride on lawn mower and quads we've had the chickens setup since we got them back in April in my mud room. We got a email for yet another delay in our coop said it arrived in the US but now they are having truck driver issues it's driving me nuts. We are still taking them outside every morning and bringing them inside every night which all 5 of my girls have this routine down they are fully ready in the morning around 830 ish to go outside then in the evening around 730pm they all come out of the run and into this big blue bin that I have attached to a sled to bring them across my yard to go inside it's actually amazing how they know every night to get ready to come inside for the night. I did try to separate them into 2 different sleeping bins in my mud room and they didn't seem to happy about it they kept trying to get out and were being very loud so we went back to them being in the 1 and they seem happy like that. I've got 3 of my 5 all started laying eggs this week they turned 16 weeks on Sunday so far since Monday we get 2 to 3 eggs a day which I wasn't ready for thought had little more time before they started laying started Oster shells this week since I'm still giving the grower feed till the bag is gone I've got 3 acres so I let them free range every couple of days but they seem to love there run hopefully my coop will be here this week now it says Aug 2nd to the 9th
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/judys-free-pallet-chicken-coop.47851/

Back
Top Bottom