Newbie chicken mamma in Montague Ca

Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! I'm sorry about your chick. Does the skin appear to have blisters? If chickens (not usually chicks though) rub against something too much they could get blisters, leading to feather loss. It's probably not likely that it's blisters, but I have never seen anything like that before. I would recommend calling a veterinarian and asking/informing the person who sold them to you about the chick's disposition. I hope your chick will be alright!
no blisters, the skin look relatively normal besides a little yellow tint....the conditions the chicks were in before we got them wasn't the best. They were overcrowded and crawling on eachother. they do have little white flakes on them but they don't move i think its from their bedding or just dry skin. they don't have scab or anything on them. Pretty much all of them are missing feathers though. they also have some runny poop but im not sure if its normal or not there is definitely no blood in it. I've tried contacting the people who sold them to us but haven't heard back..they seem to be happy though they're eating TONS and drinking lots of water. They scratch at their little heads but I'm assuming its normal for them to scratch? lol I'm starting to realize how clueless I am when it comes to chickens.. I was a vet tech for 8 years for a small animal practice we saw cats, dogs, some bunnies and thats about it. I love these little guys already and just want to help them...

Turkenstein25pizapw1421370913.jpg

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom