Newbie chicken moma in NH

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chickie'sMoma, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    hi BYCers.

another newbie to add to the flock!

i've been reading some of the posts as i have been looking into some different breeds of chickens out there and thought it was time to join now that i have a chickie of my own now (and hoping to get a few more).

i bought some hatching eggs from ebay and decided to try and hatch out my own bantam polish chickens. out of 6 eggs received i had 3 develop and start pipping but only one little chick hatched on his/her own. (not quite sure yet if it will be a pullet or cockrel since it is only 1 week old)

i'm still trying to figure out our local ordanances if there is a limited amount of hens/roos i can keep. but at least my neighbors said they are fine with me keeping them. (they want the eggs!) the local feed store can order them but you have to get at least 12. (i'm not sure if i want that many or their choice of breeds)

if anyone has any hatcheries they would reccomend for Polish chickens-especially the bantams in other colors than the WC Blacks, please let me know!

thank!
    Chickie's Moma in NH:D

2. Foxhound lady

Foxhound lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    TX baby!
    [​IMG] and nice to meet you!

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

4. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    are you aware of the swaps going on in nh? there is one coming up in chichester saturday, we had one in milford today that had polish there. i myself hatch polish, white crested blues and others. join the newsletter and get updated on the goings on, we have swaps all over nh

5. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hello [​IMG] and WELCOME to BYC from NC

6. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    hi and [​IMG] and have a good day!!!!!!!!!!! and help us help the chickens take over the world!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. ODS-n-ENS FARM

ODS-n-ENS FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    NH
    [​IMG]

8. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    are you aware of the swaps going on in nh? there is one coming up in chichester saturday, we had one in milford today that had polish there. i myself hatch polish, white crested blues and others. join the newsletter and get updated on the goings on, we have swaps all over nh

that would be wonderful to go to one! i'll have to sneak away from my hubby next weekend [​IMG]

do they usually have people who offer chicks for sale there or are they usually older birds?

Chickie's Moma​

9. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by