Newbie chicken moma in NH

Chickie'sMoma

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
Rochester, NH
hi BYCers.

another newbie to add to the flock!

i've been reading some of the posts as i have been looking into some different breeds of chickens out there and thought it was time to join now that i have a chickie of my own now (and hoping to get a few more).

i bought some hatching eggs from ebay and decided to try and hatch out my own bantam polish chickens. out of 6 eggs received i had 3 develop and start pipping but only one little chick hatched on his/her own. (not quite sure yet if it will be a pullet or cockrel since it is only 1 week old)

i'm still trying to figure out our local ordanances if there is a limited amount of hens/roos i can keep. but at least my neighbors said they are fine with me keeping them. (they want the eggs!) the local feed store can order them but you have to get at least 12. (i'm not sure if i want that many or their choice of breeds)

if anyone has any hatcheries they would reccomend for Polish chickens-especially the bantams in other colors than the WC Blacks, please let me know!

thank!
Chickie's Moma in NH:D

welcome-byc.gif
and nice to meet you!

are you aware of the swaps going on in nh? there is one coming up in chichester saturday, we had one in milford today that had polish there. i myself hatch polish, white crested blues and others. join the newsletter and get updated on the goings on, we have swaps all over nh

are you aware of the swaps going on in nh? there is one coming up in chichester saturday, we had one in milford today that had polish there. i myself hatch polish, white crested blues and others. join the newsletter and get updated on the goings on, we have swaps all over nh

that would be wonderful to go to one! i'll have to sneak away from my hubby next weekend
tongue.png

do they usually have people who offer chicks for sale there or are they usually older birds?

Chickie's Moma​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom