Newbie - Chik-n-hutch - reviews or input anyone?

Wow PouletsDeCajun, your L'auberge De Poulet is really nice! Now with a screen bottom (and a couple wheels), that would be one heck of a chicken tractor.

I looked at that Chik-n-hutch at the local farm supply store and it was very flimsy so I ordered plans and built my own little coop which turned out nicely. It is good for 3 or 4 birds and is good and sturdy.

New2Peeps, I just looked at your page and have to say, your coop and run is beautiful. I am completely intimidated by the prospect of building a coop and my tools are also limited. Were the plans you purchased easy to follow? Where did you buy them? I've seen a few on line but have been worried they would be either too difficult to understand or take for granted some level of "expertise"

Your explanation of how you built the run is so complete and easy to follow - you must be some sort of technical writer
smile.png

anyhoo thanks again

spook - went to your page and couldn't see the pics...

smile.png
You can also look around at places like Lowes, Walmart, Kmart and hardware stores for wooden kids playhouse kits. Several people on this board have gotten them from various places and made coops out of them. Someone got a floor demo the other day, already put together way cheap.
ep.gif
Add a roost and nestbox just minor modifications and you have a GREAT coop.

Back
Top Bottom