Newbie collecting eggs

Dooner

Songster
8 Years
Apr 24, 2011
Been collecting eggs for about three weeks now. My daughter has been taking some for her family and the rest go in the refrig. This morning I cracked one when collecting, so for the first time I made breakfast with still warm eggs. What I didn't expect was how white the whites cooked up! I didn't expect that, I always look at the yolk color.

Take a minute after you crack them into a bowl and just observe the whites. They stand up so nicely, not run all over the place like a store bought egg.

welcome-byc.gif

I was trying to explain to my kids and their friends the difference between store bought egg and free-range egg and they were like 'an egg is an egg' so we had a carton of store bought eggs and I cracked an egg open on a small plate by itself then took another plate and cracked one of our eggs and you can see the rich colour in the yolk and one boy smelled the raw egg and he was going on about how they even smell differently, our egg to him had a more 'eggy' smell.

Then I cook the eggs separately for taste test time and I think I started something *giggle* the kids don't want to go back to store bought eggs! I love to hard boil our eggs, they taste so good!

Back
Top Bottom