Newbie: College Station, Texas: Just getting started with baby chicks

AggieCwgrl

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
Ok, so me and the hubby have decided that we needed even more pets
smile.png
We currently have:
3 Dogs, 2 males and a female (Male Catahoula Leopard Dog, Male Blue Heeler, and a female min pin)
4 Horses ( 1 American quarter horse- my rodeo horse, 2 grade geldings and a cute little shetland mare-rescue)
1 Turtle, a red eared slider
and now we have 6 chicks.
I am not sure of the age, still pretty young i assume. We have had them for about a week or so. I am a complete noob, so i am still learning and would love any advice. From what we can tell we have 3 white leghorns and 3 rhode island reds. We were told that they were females, but we shall see
smile.png
We would like to expand a little bit more, i want some americaunas (sp?). I have been told by several people which breeds they like the most and such, but everyone here seems to like the RIRs. I just like variety
smile.png

Well we live in the sticks of S. College Station in a little town called wellborn. We got plenty of land, but have a chicken coop and currently working on constructing a yard for our little bird babies. Our only issue now is finding us some chicks like americaunas, our feed stores only seem to have leghorns and RIRs. or to them (yellow ones and red ones.)

welcome-byc.gif
from Kansas. You can only get Ameracuan's from a breeder if they are from a hatchery or feed store they are really easter eggers they are also great they come in many different colors you can also order from a hatchery and have them mailed to you. Good luck and have fun with your new hobby.

The only ones coming into our feed store are the Easter egger Ameracuanas. I would love to pick up some RIRs but I dont want a large amount, so I cant have them shipped to me. Sounds like you have a great little farm there.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom