Newbie Coop...Now 90% complete! Yeah!

Is Mary Englebright your sister??? THat's AWESOME!! I'm getting ready to paint my coop, and now you've given me evil ideas!!!! My coop is part shed, and so is too big to go totally crazy with, but I could surely go ME with part of it!!! hmmmm...

Very, very nice
smile.png

That is the cutest thing ever. Great job on the colors. It just pops against the shingles.

Can you show pics of the inside?

Great to see you used hardware cloth too.

I noticed a couple things - is there a gap under the front door. Looks like light coming through.

I would put a better lock on the pop door. They say coons can open anything a 3 yr old could because they have a thumb.

You inspire me to go paint and plant something around mine.

WELCOME to BYC's - thank you for sharing.

Thanks everybody for all your nice comments! DH and I have never built anything before! I don't think we could have without BYC! I'll post pics of the inside tomorrow.
There is an opening under the door, I have hardware cloth over it now, and will cover it with something else when the temp drops. I'm using the DL method, so I elevated the human door and pop door to keep the liter from falling out. And I'll remove the covering on the cut-out below the door when I do my once a year sweeping/cleaning out.
Thanks Again for all the comments and suggestions!!!
big_smile.png

Good job sis. looks really good, nice touch. My coop looks like it did before, a shed, except a shed with chickens in it lol. I am considering an army bunker motif still though. Welcome to Ft. Clucker! lol

Thats a real nice design you put together.

Back
Top Bottom