Newbie duck lover

Thesilkclan

Chirping
Jan 20, 2022
Hi! Duck lover in western Washington. I have 4 females and by accident 3 very loved males. I am currently keeping them separated most of the time as the males are oversexed buttheads. I'm thinking of changing the name of Frank my male Pekin to chester the molester. The males were hatched in June of 2021 and the females hatched September 27th of 2021. Any suggestions on what I should do to keep my females safe but 😊 happy?

You can add more females to the flock which would be the best option. A 1:3 ration of male to female would be good. Or you could give away some of your drakes which would work too. You might need to keep them separated most of the time otherwise because drake's are like this most of the year.

Welcome!

If you want to keep your drakes, keeping them separated is the best solution. Some people rotate over drake in with the females. Getting more females is not necessarily a great option. Some drakes do ok with one or two females, while others need way more. I had one that would have been happier with 12+ females. You can rehome drakes, but that is not always easy. If you have the ability to keep them separate and drakes don't fight, I would keep two separate flocks.

Feel free to also show off pictures of your ducks.

Back
Top Bottom