Newbie E TX

blondie55555

Chirping
Feb 14, 2023
Hello, I am a beginner that got my first flock of 6 hens, one rooster 3 weeks ago, Wyandottes. They are 4-5 months. I added 4 more a week later. Consisted of 3 Wyandotte hens, 1 Ameraucana hen, all 3-4 months old. All came from same breeder. I already have a lot of questions and look forward to joining your group.

My first question “Is it ok to have a solitary Ameraucana in with the Wyandottes?” Or does she need another Ameraucana equal? I just couldn’t resist her when I picked mine up.

Hello, I am a beginner that got my first flock of 6 hens, one rooster 3 weeks ago, Wyandottes. They are 4-5 months. I added 4 more a week later. Consisted of 3 Wyandotte hens, 1 Ameraucana hen, all 3-4 months old. All came from same breeder. I already have a lot of questions and look forward to joining your group.

My first question “Is it ok to have a solitary Ameraucana in with the Wyandottes?” Or does she need another Ameraucana equal? I just couldn’t resist her when I picked mine up.
Welcome to BYC from another east Texas!
Ordinarily, I wouldn't add just one of a different breed, but since they are starting out together, she should be fine.
Oh, and congratulations on your new flock!

Back
Top Bottom